Scientist, Molecular Biology
Novasenta is seeking a motivated and skilled Molecular Biologist to join our team to contribute towards biotherapeutic drug discovery and development efforts of the company. The successful candidate will be passionate about working in a dynamic, enterprising startup environment.
- Report to Associate Director of Molecular Biology to ensure meeting the goals of Novasenta for the discovery and development of biotherapeutics towards promising targets within the tumor microenvironment
- Design and conduct routine and non-routine molecular cloning and lab procedures including nucleic acid isolation, plasmid design & construction, recombinant protein production purification, etc.
- Design relevant tools and execute molecular biology support for target validation and antibody discovery development efforts
- Stay current with cutting-edge molecular biology techniques and apply them towards the projects
- Supervise junior lab members. Provide scientific expertise and train/direct others in research techniques
- Actively participate in the scientific dialogue of the group and proactively collaborates with colleagues
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for driving of science with urgency to bring new therapies to patients
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry or closed related field with 3+ years of post-doctoral experience in a biotech or pharma setting
- Prior biopharma industry or commercial research experience desired experience with following relevant techniques:
- Mammalian cell culture
- Molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, qPCR, primer and probe design, cloning, construct design, transfection, transduction, etc.)
- CRISPR or other advanced genetic editing techniques
- Protein engineering techniques, including cDNA library construction and expression, protein expression and purification
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Experience with experimental design, performance, and assay results interpretation and evaluation
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams in a matrix team environment is essential
- Experience with in-silico molecular modeling and protein visualization software to understand structure-function and engineer ligand binding proteins is a plus
- Experience in library-based genome-wide screens using CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing is a plus
- The role requires critical thinking e.g. by proposing and implementing novel methods, technologies and concepts contributing to drug discovery and development
- The ideal candidate is goal oriented, highly efficient and organized and have a demonstrated ability to adhere to defined timelines, milestone, and objectives
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present results in a clear, concise, accurate manner
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.