Performs laboratory activities to support therapy development efforts of Novasenta Inc., a UPMC Enterprises funded biotech startup focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment, reporting to Principal Scientist.
- Reports to Principal Scientist to ensure meeting the goals of Novasenta and pursuing the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics
- Conducts routine and non-routine lab procedures and assays for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of relevant samples from mouse models of cancer and human clinical cancer tissue under the supervision of Principal Scientist
- Assists experimental team members in biological, immunological assay development to investigate mechanisms of immune-mediated effects of novel identified targets
- As needed, supports the development and validation of new technologies for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of samples
- Documents and maintains a detailed and precise record of work performed
- Performs lab managerial, which includes ordering supplies and maintaining inventory, ensuring safety, service and maintain laboratory instruments of the lab, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or closed related field with 1-2 years of experience in industry or academic research lab setting
- Basic skills in laboratory techniques
- Prior research experience desired experience with several of the following relevant techniques:
- Mammalian cell culture
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, development of genetic constructs, cloning, primer design, etc.)
- NGS (WGS, WES or RNAseq, including preparation of genomic libraries)
- Processing and characterization of fresh human tumor samples
- Experience with Prism, Flowjo, MS office is desired
- Experience in working under GLP standards and ensuring safety compliance under BSL-2
- Experience with laboratory information system (LIMS) is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present results in a clear, concise, accurate manner
- Must be team oriented and able to work in a highly collaborative and interactive work environment to complete complex tasks
- Must be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities and have ability to quickly learn new skills
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized
What we offer you:
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic and diverse team of highly skilled professionals discovering novel cancer therapies and making an impact on patient care.
- Highly competitive pay and benefits package.
- A dynamic, fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC).
- Extensive opportunities for individual growth and professional development
- Work with experienced leaders in the drug discovery, immunotherapy, and cancer field.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in the subject line.