- Reports to Sr. Scientist to ensure meeting the goals of Novasenta and pursuing the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics
- Conducts routine and non-routine lab procedures and assays for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of relevant samples from mouse models of cancer and human clinical cancer tissue under the supervision of Research Scientist
- Supports the development of biological, immunological assay to investigate mechanisms of immune-mediated effects of novel identified targets
- Supports the development and validation of new technologies for molecular, cellular and metabolic characterization of samples
- Contributes to the profiling and validation of novel druggable immunotherapy targets
- Documents and maintains a detailed and precise record of work performed
- Actively participates in the scientific dialogue of the group and proactively collaborates with colleagues
- MS in biology, immunology or closed related field with 2+ years of experience in industry or academic research lab setting or PhD with similar background and 0-2years of relevant experience
- Prior biopharma industry or commercial research experience desired experience with several of the following relevant techniques:
- Mammalian cell culture
- Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Molecular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, development of genetic constructs, cloning, etc.)
- NGS (WGS, WES or RNAseq, including preparation of genomic libraries)
- CRISPR or other advanced genetic editing techniques
- Processing and characterization of fresh human tumor samples
- Cell-based metabolic assays
- Ability to propose new experimental designs, plan and conduct laboratory experiments, and evaluate and interpret data
- Fundamental understanding of the process of discovery and development of immunology-based therapeutic targets and possible novel therapeutic concepts
- Experience in immuno-oncology-related animal studies is a plus
- The role requires critical thinking e.g. by proposing and implementing novel experimental approaches and concepts contributing to the cancer immunology and immune therapy research goals.
- The ideal candidate is product and goal oriented, focused on a career in biotech. They are highly efficient and organized and have a demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives.
- Experience in working under GLP standards and ensuring safety compliance underBSL-2
- Experience with laboratory information system (LIMS) is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret, summarize, and present results in a clear, concise, accurate manner
What we offer you:
- Competitive pay and benefits package.
- A fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC).
- Work with some of the leaders in the immunotherapy and cancer field.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic and diverse team of highly skilled professionals discovering novel cancer therapies and making an impact on patient care.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com with job title in the subject line.