Novasenta Inc. is a UPMC Enterprises funded company, uses a next-generation drug discovery approach combining unique experimental and computational platforms to explore the human tumor microenvironment and discover novel therapeutically relevant targets and drugs. The Computational Sciences team is at the core of Novasenta’s mission through its development of customized platforms, multi-dimensional databases of clinical tumor samples with a focus on single-cell genomics and the application of advanced analytics, such as AI/ML.
The successful Data Scientist candidate will play a key role in the development and application of computational approaches for target discovery and translational science. The successful candidate will support data analyses efforts of Novasenta Inc. Specifically, you will develop and apply cutting-edge machine learning methods to analyze biological datasets to help develop novel insights towards discovering novel cancer-related therapies
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Works with Computational Sciences team to analyze biological datasets by developing, optimizing and implementing machine learning (ML) models, applied to scale
- Implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness
- Automate model training, testing and deployment and ensure proper code documentation
- Keep up with emerging trends in ML, Deep Learning (DL) and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Supports the Computational Sciences team in developing analytical tools for the interrogation and management of pre-clinical and clinical datasets
- Prepare reports, publications and presentations, for both internal company and external audiences and, when required, give oral presentations
- Ensure on-time and complete compliance with mandatory corporate training, best practices and regulatory requirements
- Ensures adherence to HIPAA standards
- In line with a dynamic startup culture flexibility on work hours is required
- PhD in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, physics, engineering or a related quantitative field
- 2 or more years work experience in developing and applying ML algorithms to high-dimensional datasets
- Good understanding of statistical, ML fundamentals, modern ML libraries, DL and NLP techniques
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics and biological concepts
- Proficient in Python and/or R scripting
- Expertise in ML/DL frameworks like Pytorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Scikit-learn/Caret
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code
- Experience with version control systems like GIT
- Self-motivated, organized, goal oriented, team player focused on a career in biotech
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to and follow defined timelines, milestone, and objectives
- Able to deal with uncertainty and solve problems creatively and independently with solid judgement
Additional Qualifications of Interest:
- Knowledge of cancer biology and immunology
- Experience with querying relational database systems (i.e., SQL), particularly graph databases
- Experience with cloud computing (i.e., AWS)
- Experience with biological datasets (single-cell or bulk RNAseq, DNA, next-generation sequencing) is highly desirable
What Novasenta offers you:
- Highly competitive pay and benefits package.
- A dynamic, fast-paced startup culture combined with the stability of a well-established entity (UPMC Enterprises).
- Extensive opportunities for individual growth and professional development.
- Work with experienced leaders in computational sciences, drug discovery, immunotherapy, and cancer fields.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com.