Associate Director, Molecular Biology
Novasenta is seeking a motivated, highly skilled Molecular Biologist to join our team to contribute to the biotherapeutic drug discovery and development efforts of the company. The successful candidate will be passionate about working in a dynamic, enterprising startup environment with a highly motivated team.
- Report to VP, Antibody Therapeutics to ensure meeting the goals of Novasenta for the development of biotherapeutics towards promising targets within the tumor microenvironment
- Lead a team responsible for providing molecular biology support for enabling target validation, antibody discovery and development efforts
- Effectively and efficiently design molecular and cellular laboratory strategies and experiments corresponding to the overall project goals, oversee their execution, and interpret results
- Function as technical resource and SME for design and execution of molecular biology-based experiments for support multiple target programs
- Conceptualize, design, and execute project-oriented plans including assay development, optimization, and validation of molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, qPCR, molecular construct design & vector cloning, lentivirus generation, protein expression & purification, and DNAsequence analysis
- Lead the development of recombinant proteins, antibody and ancillary reagents for programs
- Oversee and coordinate internal and outsourced protein production capabilities to support preclinical research programs, maintain project timelines and report progress regularly to the project teams
- Fosters a team focused, collaborative, creative, and rigorous culture of scientific discovery by providing training and supervision to scientists and research associates
- Stay current with cutting-edge molecular biology techniques to orient quality control strategy
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for driving of science with urgency to bring new therapies to patients
- Ph.D. in Cell & Molecular Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry, or a related discipline preferred
- 8+ years of experience in the biotechnology or pharma industry with a primary focus on molecular biology-based method development for biologic products development
- Demonstrated, extensive hands-on experience with various molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, ddPCR (incl. DNA isolation, quantitation, primer and probe design), CRISPR, protein engineering techniques, and accompanying DNA sequencing analysis software proficiency and applicable bioinformatics tools.
- Experience managing team of scientists as well as CROs and partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and collaboration skills to work in a matrixed team-oriented environment
- Previous industry experience with understanding of the drug discovery process from Lead discovery, optimization through late pre-clinical discovery preferred
- Is passionate about working in a fast growing, interactive and entrepreneurial biotech environment
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.