Associate Director of Cancer Immunology
Novasenta is seeking an experienced, highly motivated cancer immunologist to join the Novasenta’s experimental biology team. The successful candidate will provide day-to-day leadership for the target validation platform to advance the scientific vision of the company with the focus on establishing an innovative portfolio of antibody drug candidates targeting the tumor microenvironment. The person should be passionate about working in a small group, fast paced drug discovery/ development environment.
- Lead efforts to develop, refine and scale discovery and early development platform at Novasenta.
- Provide experimental expertise and scientific leadership to help prioritize and guide the execution of various projects
- Lead the tumor immunology team in implementing and refining the validation platform and pipeline
- Independently and strategically plan, manage, oversee, and/or execute assays required for hit, lead and candidate selection across multiple programs
- Obtain biological data to establish novel mechanistic insights related to the biological impact of novel targets.
- Serve as tumor immunology and drug discovery expert on external collaborations and alliances.
- Develop in-depth scientific knowledge in the area of research focus and contribute to the decision making on project direction.
- Contribute to target selection, validation activities, and portfolio strategy discussions
- Proactively recognize and solve technical and scientific issues to assure high quality data from external resources and commitment to timelines
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for driving of science with urgency to bring new therapies to patients
- Ph.D. in immunology with 6+ years of relevant industry experience and demonstrated expertise in immunology and/or immuno-oncology
- Demonstrated expertise in design, development and optimization of appropriate immuno-oncology-related in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo studies for target discovery applications
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills, including experience leading a high functioning team of research scientists and demonstrated ability to supervise, mentor and develop junior PhDs and associates
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams
- Competitive candidates are expected to have a strong track record of independent and innovative research as evidenced by publications in top tier peer-reviewed journals
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented, matrixed environment, and the ability to work through conflicts
- Previous industry experience with understanding of the drug discovery process from target validation through late pre-clinical discovery preferred
- Is passionate about working in a small, interactive, fast growing, and entrepreneurial drug-discovery/ development environment
- Title and compensation commensurate with experience
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.